Thank you community!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey on proposed amenities. The design firm and the city project manager read our survey results and listened to our input at the June meeting for the Recreation Council. The revised general design plan (GDP), which was presented to the Chollas Lake Park and Recreation Council on August 22, now includes many of our asked-for amenities:
- Accessible parking
- Bike racks near the drop-off area
- Existing playground structure will stay in the joint use park
- Picnic tables
- Shade trees
- Water fountain, including a low one for dogs
- Shade canopy
- Decomposed granite walking path
- Trash cans all around the park
The plan, as presented, was approved unanimously by the Recreation Council. Now on to the final design!